Sunday, September 18, 2005

Tadalist

My process for blogging is fairly simple. I have two sources to come up with blog entries. One is a running idea log that I keep using tadalist. The other, and more frequent source is just the spur of the moment idea that I want to blog about.

Occasionally I will also write a stub of a post and then revisit it later, or I will write a complete post and then be dissatisfied with it and never hit publish.

My blog ideas list on tadalist is getting pretty long so I'll list some of the ones that I put on there a while ago:

Ideas:
  • NewsItem relevancy, rank by date or popularity or what? - Google just came out with blogsearch, so this is still pretty current. They search by relevant by default but also allow by date. For blog search I have to think that date is what really matters, or a micro-relevancy within a small time period.
  • The phone companies are dead. - Next one is pretty current too, what with Skype being bought by Ebay recently. Seriously, data transfer is getting cheaper all the time, and what is a telephone call but sending and receiving data? Phone companies represent an outmoded monopoly that we will be better off without. VOiP + wireless is coming to cell phones, and that's going to change everything, especially with wireless coming everywhere too.
  • Personalization rant - I just dont' like personalization. It's freaky, I dont' feel like i'm in control of it, it doesnt' work right, I don't know. Maybe someone will get it right for me one of these days, but right now I don't have much use for it.
  • Implement a bittorrent tracker in ruby - I thought this might be a fun project to learn ruby better.
  • Implement a MUD in ajax. - I keep thinking I want to see a casual web based mmorpg that uses ajax to create a dynamic game that I can play with other people.
  • Why isn't video blogging bigger? - I don't know, I'm coming to love podcasting, maybe it will follow the same historical pattern: Print->Radio->TV, blogs->podcasts->videoblogs
  • Using todoLists applications to manage information. - I use tadalist all the time, this list itself comes from tadalist. It's kind of like an internet scratchpad. Managing simple personal or small group information seems to be one of the next big things in internet applications, with 37signals currently leading the way.
  • The new way of searching - Why I'm using delicious and other tagging services to find things on the internet over google more and more, and how to do it.
  • Del.icio.us demo idea: you can see who is posting from where on delicious based on their timezone and language, it would be interesting to do something that tied bookmarking activity to world locations.
  • Delicious for groups - del.icio.us isn't polished or mainstream enough for this yet, but I wish that groups of people I knew used del.icio.us for link sharing, because it's really efficient and cool. And I don't like Yahoo MyWeb 2.0.
  • Why flash got it wrong and Ajax gets it right - I think ajax isn't the new flash, because ajax isn't trying to reinvent what the web really gets right: presenting documents of information to users. Flash applications also learn nothing from one of the most underappreciated benefits of the internet: a common user interface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home